Friday, February 1, 2013

Valentine's Party Treat Containers by Jennie Harper

Are you ever looking for cute little containers for Valentine candies for kids?

Today I have a treat box that was so easy to make using my Scor-Pal.


Valentine's Treat Boxes 
Designer Jennie Harper

Supplies:
Cardstock: Lipstick Red cardstock from Gina K. Designs
Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye
Adhesive: Scor-Tape
Dies: Hearts: Wplus9Design 
Punch: Scallop Edge from Stampin' Up!

Instructions:
Start with a 6" x 8 1/2" piece of red cardstock. Score at 2" vertically, turn and score at 2", 4", 6", and 8".


Cut the bottom 2" square panels up to the 2" mark and fold along scored marks. Trim off bottom right tab and add Scor-tape to where you will be forming the box (I also used a heart die to make a heart shaped window in my box).


Form box and add a piece of acetate over heart window. Decorate box with patterned paper. 


Make lid out of a 4 1/8" square piece of cardstock. Score all four sides of the paper at 1". 


Decorate as desired: 

I filled mine with Conversation Hearts: 


These are quick and easy to make and you can use whatever little strips of patterned paper you have on hand to decorate. I plan on making some of these for my youngest son's Valentines Party at the library. 

Thanks for stopping by and hope you give one of these cute little boxes a try soon!

6 comments:

Sandra H said...

Great tutorial and thank you for sharing this x

Ellen Taylor said...

super cute! tfs

Kristie Maynard said...

Great tutorial! This really is quite simple once you know how to do it, isn't it. Thanks for showing us!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ava Gavloski said...

great treat box
ava g

Ravengirl said...

These are really cute! I could make some for my daughter's teacher, office staff and bus driver!