Monday, March 25, 2013

Bunches of Beautiful Boxes with Diane Zechman

The Scor-Pal team has created Bunches of Beautiful Boxes and today I am sharing my Tiny Easter/Spring Triangle Treat Box. The tutorial for this was done here by Deb Felts and you can also find it here on the Splitcoast site. I've altered the design slightly so I included my own template below. Instead of cardstock, I used patterned paper to create the box and then punched a decorative zigzag edge on the flap. It is held shut with sticky-back velcro.  



The finished box has a 2" base and is almost 2" high...a very sweet little size! It holds a few Hershey kisses or any other small treat or gift. I didn't have the chocolates in pretty spring colors, so I'll switch out the red foil wrapped candies when I'm ready to give it away. ;) Here it is open... 

 
It is quite easy to make with a few scored lines using the Scor-Pal. I didn't want the bulkiness of all the folds on the inside of my box, so I also cut each corner off before attaching the cover. Here's my template showing where to cut/score. I followed Deb's instructions for this box, starting with a 6" square and scoring at 2" and 4" in each direction. Then I added the additional score lines and attached the 2x4 cover, scored in half. After scoring the cover in half, I added an additional score line 1/8" from the first to allow for bulk at the top of the box. I also made 2 more boxes which are a little larger. For one I started with a 7 1/2" square and scored it at 2 1/2" and 5". The cover is 2 1/2 x 5, scored in half. For the other, I started with a 12" square and scored at 4" and 8". The cover is 4 x 8, scored in half. I also scored an additional line 1/8" from the first on each of those covers. These boxes are a quick and easy project...I hope you try it!

4 comments:

Rhonda Miller said...

This is so cute. How fun this would be for a family get together.

Ravengirl said...

This is so very sweet! I love it when packaging is easy like this!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fun box fold! TFS

http://acraftynutter.blogspot.co.uk/ said...

Looks really easy - I'll try this out. TFS xxx