Friday, July 12, 2013

Scor-pal and Clearsnap with Lori Williams

This week the DT's from Scor-Pal and Clearsnap have joined forces to bring you some amazing projects.  Be sure to check the Scor-Pal Blog and the Clearsnap Blog everyday for inspiration, and also to enter to win a Scor-pal!  Just leave comments this week on any of our Scor-pal posts, and we will choose a winner next week.

Hi Everyone, Lori here with you today.  I've seen cupcakes created for quite some time and I finally broke down and made one for myself, and must say I love it.  The tutorial for the cupcake was inspired from Miranda Edney's . 


You'll need your Scor-Pal for the base of the cupcake and 2 strips of designer paper 2 inches x 9 inches.  Score each of the strips every 1/4 inch and accordion fold.  Attach your two strips to make a circle and you have your base for the cupcake.  You can cover this over a cup for more support if you  need or want.  



For my flowers I used Cheery Lynn's daisy die and colored the base of the flowers with Clear Snaps Donna Salzars Mixed Media Chiffon Ink , leaving the very tips white.  


With a sponge dauber I colored the center of the petals with Donna Salzar's Berry Ink.  Once the flowers are glued together with the layers on each color the tips of the flowers with the Berry Ink too.  


The cupcake is completed by adding leaves and the flowers to the half of a Styrofoam ball with push pins and adding pearls to the center of each flower.  










23 comments:

debb said...

This is stunning!

lospring said...

Thank you! It looks very nice although I thought it was much bigger in the picture. Colors are nice!

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers. Thanks for the great tutorial.
-Cher

Unknown said...

Beautiful flowers. Thanks for the great tutorial.
-Cher

Julie, Perth Western Australia said...

I love your flowers. They almost look so real.

Jean Bullock said...

This is fabulous. I love it. Thanks for the great tutorial.

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness that is soooo pretty! I love the inking technique and how the flowers turned out. Really very nice!

Sandra H said...

"WOW" This is so beautiful x

Carmen N said...

Beautiful! I love flower projects

Gloria Stengel said...

Wow! This is a stunning project! Love the flowers!

Amy Martin said...

Adorable cupcake. The flowers are amazing. I love how you added color to them. I really need to try this.

Cathy said...

I love it, so pretty what you did with the flower, feeling inspired to try it/
cathyplus5.blogspot.com

JPScraps said...

Love the floral cupcake! Sooooo pretty!

Edwina said...

Wow! This is incredibly beautiful! It makes a great decoration. I love it. Thanks for sharing. Edwina Brown

Ravengirl said...

Lori, this is absolutely stunning work! I love color on flowers!!

jusaweecatnap said...

Jaw dropping. Love these flowers! I'd love to use a Scor-Pal to make these as table decorations for a party.

jusaweecatnap said...

Absolutely beautiful!!

Lynn said...

This is a " sweet " cupcake . Thank you for the tutorial .

Caryn S said...

Oh so cute! I need to make one of these.

Dorina D said...

Love this idea, So cute and clever and the directions great. Fun décor for table decorations, etc. Can't wait to try this one.

Tanja said...

lovely idea, it is very pretty and clever!

cghundley said...

This is very lovely.
The flowers came out
so pretty.
Carla from Utah

Unknown said...

Oh wow! This is beautiful and those flowers are stunning! Thanks for showing us how you colored them!